Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

1000 steps

I braved the 1000 steps this morning.  I can't believe I have lived in Melbourne for almost 15 years and never tried them out before!  They are only a 20 minute drive from my house and I will totes be doing them again... although that depends on my ability to walk tomorrow since it was HARD work!

Word of advice if you are going to try them out... don't Instagram at the same time!  You should be too busy looking for spots to put your feet and concentrating on the simple task of breathing!!!


On the way up.

My view!  It is actually quite surprising that there is no-one in this picture as it is a super busy spot for workout nuts!  Seriously crowded!  I swear I saw people jogging up these... with babies on their backs!


The plaque at the top.  Proof I made it.

I chose to go back down the walking track rather than confront that skinny staircase again.

It was still super steep and hard work and I have the jelly legs to prove it!



You can see how pretty the whole area is by watching this video.  Go to the 4 minute mark to get an understanding of the steepness of those stairs!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm tired just reading about it!

    Have a fab weekend hon.
    Leah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - I am SUPER impressed! I had never heard of these before last week when a school Mum was telling me that she was off to do them that day, and now you too! There is no way that I'd be able to make it. No way. Must do something about that one day......

    I did learn to crochet on Wednesday night though - you would have been very proud - I made my very first Granny square and can certainly see where addictions can easily follow! I was very chuffed and looking forward to having another go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, Sonia! This is the perfect way to get some exercise, I think. No wonder It's so crowded!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1000 steps! Wowzers! That sounds like my kinda workout. LOVE me some steps. Well done, that is some achievement. I am keen to see these 1000 steps now xo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!