Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Exercise.... you know you dont want to...


I am having a little bet with my husband at the moment, a weightloss one, and I am determined to win!  Apart from the fact that I hate to lose, the reward at the end will be totally worth it.  We are both attempting to lose 10kg in 10 weeks.  If I win, he has to hand over $500 to me.  If he wins, well, he gets a weeks worth of daily loving!  It has been suggested that it looks like I win a prize even if I lose, but I dont have to tell you that as a parent of 3 small people the last thing I want when I fall into bed at night is a roving hand under the covers!

This week I loaded my iphone with the couch to 5k program after reading and hearing some rave reviews about it.  I tried it out yesterday morning and almost died.  I am seriously unfit and could barely manage the intervals of jogging in between the walking without feeling like throwing up and fainting!  Am I supposed to work my way through this till I get to the 'zone'?


3 comments:

  1. I looked at the couch to 5k program myself this week but haven't been brave enough to try it. I'm not sure which would give out first, my knees or my heart! If you are getting breathless or dizzy it is too much for you. Maybe try walking a longer period, running less even though it is only short bursts. 10 kilos in 10 weeks is a pretty high goal to aim for. I am losing weight under doctor and dietician supervision and have lost 6 kilos in 2 months.It does depend on how heavy you are to start with though, as well as other criteria. Good luck with it though. There are some great sites online to help with calorie counting too. I have written about the one I use on my dealingwithdiabetes blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That is so hilarious... not the losing weight, that is great... but the prize for each of you.
    I love it! Us girls go for the money... the boys, well, they're always going to choose 'that' aren't they?!
    The number of bets my hubby has endeavoured to wage with me over the years... I have learnt to be discerning with the ones I choose to accept ;o)
    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol ... bed's for sleeping when you have little peeps ...and SNAP,I downloaded this app to my smartphone last week (android though)and hunted my jogging shoes out from the garage

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!