Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Returning... slowly but surely.



I've spent the last week in Tasmania with my family as my stepfather, Trevor, passed away suddenly last week.  This would have to be the worst thing about living so far away from everyone.  The travel and the distance, all the while holding your breath until you are with the one's you need to be.  We made the decision that I would go alone, leaving my husband with the small people for the entire week, something we have never done before.  They just do not understand the finality of death and I dont think it would have been fair for them to witness their mother or their grandmother in so much grief. 


I just want to say thanks to everyone for the support over the last week.  And a very big thank you to my lovely husband who managed the smalls, their schedules and the house with nary a problem!  A special mention must go to the fact that everything was cleaner and tidier than when I left!!!  I'm thinking we should swap roles and he can become a house husband and I'll go back to teaching!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so so sorry to hear about your stepfather. How wonderful of your husband to look after the kids for the week so that you could be with your Mum & family. My thoughts are with you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!