Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Goodness me, break over!


Don't you just love when you go from virtually doing nothing to doing everything all at once?

We had a lovely easter break and lo and behold I did survive without an internet connection or any phone service (which was not really by choice, rather a bad decision when choosing a service provider who shall remain nameless... but might start with a V!).

We are now all systems go this week. School, kinder and creche go back tomorrow. School swimming starts tomorrow for the next two weeks (give me a yay for the joy of soggy, chlorinated towels every day!). Netball on Thursday for me and normal after school swimming for the boys. Auskick on Saturday too!

More exciting for us is it's birthday week for Oscar - our big boy turns 7 tomorrow. The school cupcakes have been baked and we have just finished wrapping the small pile of goodies for him to unwrap in the morning. This year he is having a bowling party with a few (loads!!! $$$$) friends. I've even sewn the lolly bags this year after coming across some super cheap horrendously ugly bowling fabric! I'm also going to attempt the pinata cake from one of the Womens Weekly cookbooks - the one with the chocolate shell that you break through to get to the cake and lollies!

Tonight I started on my cushion too, ready and raring to go for my secret recipient in the Cushion Swap 2011. I'm feeling a bit nervous about this actually! I do hope she likes crochet!

It sounds like everyone had a lovley Easter break. I have loved reading about all those fantastic easter egg hunts and really, who cant go past chocolate for breakfast!  This lot certainly couldn't!

1 comment:

  1. Loving those breakfast chocolate pics! Chocolate for breakfast here too ;) Happy birthday to your Mr 7 for tomorrow - looking forward to seeing the party pics - particularly of that cake - I know the exact one - way too scared to attempt myself!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!