Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

This week I'm grateful for... back to school photos & new runners!

I've been feeling all warm and aglow this week as a I stroll through people's blogs, admiring their little people and their big people all freshly decked out in school uniforms.  There is something so sweet about that first day back at school with new uniforms, new shoes, a huge bag that they can barely carry.  It makes me think of my own first days at school where my mum would have us all lined up on the front porch for our yearly shot.

I have my big person in Grade 1 this year, loving it already after his first day back today.  A lovely new teacher, new classroom and already making new friends.  My middle one is in 4 year old kinder this year and has been counting down the seconds this week till he got to go.  He was soooo dissappointed when he realised it was only orientation which went for an hour.  And my baby girl is hanging out on her own at occasional care this year which is only 3 hours one morning a week.

So our first day of the school year photo...


Oh, and I really am grateful for new runners this week too!  Even though I paid a ridiculous amount for them, a very spunky young man fondled my feet to ensure the correct fitting and size.  He even put my socks on for me (do you know how difficult it actually is to put socks on another adult??!!). 

Join in with other grateful weeks over with Maxabella loves...

4 comments:

  1. They're all gorgeous! Aren't our kids growing up so fast!

    Maxi is in 1st grade this year too and returning was SO different to starting last year. He is so much more confident and grown up. Cappers started in Kindergarten this year. Having the two of them together at school is so comforting. The Badoo is still only little. She is at daycare 2 days a week and at her grandparents' 2 days a week while I'm at work.

    Thanks for linking up today. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to get my feet fondled today as well, but preferably by a reflexologist ;) It's been a big week hasn't it for our little ones. Mine are all exhausted today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your kids look so proud and pleased to be having their picture taken! That complete burst of happiness makes that photo a treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to school, hurray! And great runners are great motivators to exercise :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!