Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

There's a bear in there...


...and a chair as well. There are people with games and stories to tell. Open wide, come inside. It's Playschool.

Who doesn't love a bit of Playschool every now and then. Especially when you're lucky enough to switch on and get one of those fantastic presenters that you loved yourself. My favourite was always Bonita although I dont think she's been on in recent times. When Oscar was a little boy we took him to a Playschool concert and I got to meet Bonita and had her sign a Humpty Dumpty for us. I tell you it was a highlight of my 'meeting celebrities' life! It certainly ranks up there with meeting Bonnie Tyler!

Matilda has adopted Oscar's signed Humpty along with a Jemima doll and is completely and utterly obsessed. I have been desperately trying to get her on video singing the theme song but of course as soon as you ask for a performance, Miss Shy pops out to say hi. Since she is turning 2 (!!!!!) next month we are going with a Playschool theme and have discovered fantastic FREE party packs on the ABC website. Cute!

Who was your favourite Playschool person when you were a small person? And what about now?

1 comment:

  1. he, he. we are big playschool fans here! i record it so that i can pop it on whenever i need a break! my favorite growing up was john (although i do have a soft spot for bonita!) and my favorite now would have to be rhys muldoon. they seem to be getting younger and younger which is a little scary....does that mean i'm getting older and older?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome poppets! I'd love to hear what you have to say so please dont go without saying it!